Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nail Art - Snowflakes and a Tree Are All You'll Neeed

     Hey guys, I have a nail art design for you guys today. I came up with this design is for the Born Pretty Store Christmas Contest. We'll see how my luck goes.

     Of all the things that come out of the holiday season, I think the flood of nail designs based on the holiday theme is most amusing. There is so much glitter. It's so sparkly and gaudy and over the top and I love it. Even though I'm not a big fan of glitter nail polish, this time of year does something to my brain and for about six weeks, I can't stop coveting all the glitters. Although to be honest, most of my attention goes to the foil branch of glitter polishes, I still spare a glance for those horrendously chunky glitters too. They're always a pain to remove, but man, do they shine.


You can watch the video tutorial here:

     For this design, I had actually gone through about three different variations of gradients before settling on this one. The base color is China Glaze Pointsetta. It's an odd type of half creme-half jelly polish. The shine on this polish, even without a top coat, is pretty amazing and this polish is one of my favorite bright reds, which is saying a lot since I have way too many bright medium reds. I used Zoya's Trixie for the transition because I have yet to find a bottle of Ziv for the golden gradient I wanted, which I think may be better for the contrast against the white snowflake. The rest is done with acrylics.



      Anyway, hope you enjoyed!








Thanks for dropping by!

-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment