Friday, February 1, 2013

OPI - Get Your Number (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, I have a swatch for you today. This is another OPI liquid sand nail polish from the Mariah Carey Collection: Get Your Number. I wasn't very interested in this type of finish when I first saw them on the press releases, but I must say, if this kind of polish continues with this level of quality, this may become a favorite of mine. I don't think anything will live up to jelly/sorbet polishes in my eyes, but I'll be the first to admit that this kind of polish surprised me.

I had purchased Stay the Night and Get Your Number first, to test out the formula and have been impressed so far, so I think I'm going to go out and get the other two too. Not too happy about the price hike, but at least it's not as egregious as some other brands *coughmacimlookingatyou*.

     Get Your Number is a medium toned blue base in the matte textured finish packed with lots of holographic glitters (some hex and some smaller amorphous shapes). No dupes. The formula is pretty much the same as Stay the Night and is very easy to work with. It dries very quickly too. This polish is much more sheer than Stay the night and there is a subtle nail line after three thin coats so if that bothers you, you will need to do a fourth coat to be safe (again, this polish dries fast so it's not a big issue). Removal is just as easy as the other polishes in this line.

Swatches:






     Overall, this is another hit. The formula is great, the finish is cool and the color is sparkletastic. This polish is pretty similar in formula to Stay the Night so either would be a good choice if you're just looking to test the  formula. It will set you back $9USD and is available in ulta, jcpenny, and maybe at your local salon.

If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment