Friday, December 21, 2012

Zoya - Ziv (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, since the day is over and the world has not ended, I have a nail polish swatch for you today. This is Zoya's Ziv from the 2012 Ornate Collection. Out of all this year's holiday collection from Zoya I was probably most excited for this one. I know that golds are a dime a dozen lately, but this one looked absolutely gorgeous in the bottle and on other people's fingers so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Foil is only second to jelly finishes in my favorites and this one had what appeared to be a seamless finish, if other people's swatches were anything to go by.

     It actually took me a while to find this, for whatever reason. I'm not a big fan of ordering nail polish online blind without at least seeing what the polish looks like in real life first. Online photos are notorious for being different than the real product, especially if the monitor settings are off, so I was reluctant to get this blind from an online retailer. The only place I knew near me that sold Zoya polishes is ulta and I hadn't seen them there all season. I had all but given up on finding it when lo an behold, I see the display on the salon counter last week and I descended upon those racks like a starving predator.

     So does it live up to the hype? Absolutely.

     This polish is a gold foil with small old glitter particles scattered throughout. It's a foil and not a metallic so right off the bat, I know that there won't be those obnoxious streak lines that are a staple of metallic polishes. I am far from anal when it comes to nail polish, but those streaks bother me. I actually don't have many golds in my stash somehow so I can't say I can come up with a dupe for this polish.

     The formula is lovely. Easy to apply and easy to remove. No streaks, no mess. Two coats to complete opaque color. I don't have any complaints.

Swatches:


(natural light)
(flash)


     Overall, I love this polish. I know that if I were to have caved and bought this blind from an online retailer, I would not have been disappointed. It's a sure fire way to get people to notice your nails if that's what you're going for. Classic holiday polish. It costs $8 USD and can be found on Zoya's website, at ulta morter and pestle stores and various salons. Definitely worth your money.


If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment