Friday, January 4, 2013

Nail Art - Another Flower Nail Tutorial

     Hey guys, I have a small nail art tutorial for you guys today. It's my own version of the pink flowers tutorial that's the go-to of many a nail artist. And I'll be the first to admit that I love my flowery nails. I really do. It's a sickness. But man is it pretty.

     Yes, it's still the middle of winter, and yes, there will probably be more winter to come, but one can never be too early for spring. Unless you're my mom. She's not very fond of the pollen dust that seems to stick to you like a second skin.

You can watch the video tutorial here:

     There's not much to be said about this one. I used essie's Pink Petal as the base color on all the nails. Then I used acrylic paint to detail the branches and flower. As far as difficulty goes, this one is pretty easy. I think branches are among one of the easiest things you can do. Not only does it not require a steady hand, if you did have straight lines, it would actually look unnatural. So, imperfect perfections, I guess. I used a paint brush for the whole design, but a dotting tool or even a toothpick would work fine for all of it too.



More pictures:




(more detail)





Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!


-seal

3 comments:

  1. these are so pretty, I can see why you love them, will need to get some brown paint so I can give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete