Sunday, December 23, 2012

Zoya - Logan (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, I have a nail polish swatch for you today. This is Zoya's Logan from the Ornate Collection. Because of Storm, the first thing I thought of when I saw the name of this polish was Wolverine. I thought it strange since Zoya polishes were only named after girls. Of course, Logan is one of those gender neutral names that fits either way so it really doesn't matter. But, it did give me pause for a few moments there.

    How cool would it be if there was an entire line of polishes dedicated to the X-men, though? I would buy them all, even if they were horrendous quality. Seriously, I'm that obsessed. Anyone out there excited for Days of Future's Past? I know I am.

     Anywho, I was as excited for this polish as I was for Ziv. Dark green foils are right up my alley and the press photos/swatches were all gorgeous. Even in the store, I was aching to put this on my nails to see how it would look because it looked damn good in the bottle.

     This polish is a hunter green opaque base with gold and silver reflects and a foil finish. I feel like this is almost a hybrid between a foil and a glitter because there does not appear to be any glitter pieces in the polish, but the gold reflects can almost pass for some if you're not scrutinizing it from close up. Either way, the color is nice both in the bottle and on the fingers. No dupes in my stash.

     The formula has a great consistency, not to thin or thick. It goes on sheer with the first coat and pretty much is opaque by the second. Drying time is pretty fast. I was able to start on the second coat of polish immediately after my first without any balding. Since there are no actual glitter pieces, removal was a breeze.

Swatches:





(natural lighting)

(flash)
(For whatever reason, this is the only flash picture I got. The bottle got all the light from the flash while the three fingers were angled in a weird way. If I use this polish again, I'll most likely update this post.)

     Overall, this is yet another great polish from Zoya. The formula is fantastic and the color pay off is great. If you're in the market for a foil green, Logan will most likely be up your alley. This polish is available on Zoya's website, ulta, and various salons for $8 USD. I still have yet to confirm whether or not they are available in Whole Foods yet.

If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment