Tuesday, November 27, 2012

butter LONDON - Scuppered (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, I have a swatch for you guys today. This polish is Scuppered from butter LONDON's Holiday 2012 collection. This polish is another glitter polish, of sorts. Of all the polishes in this collection, this one is probably the most unique in terms of looks. When I first saw the press release, I thought, "Oh yay. Yet another metallic glitter bomb to add to the backlog of metallic glitter bombs in this world."/sarcasm. But as it turns out, this one is probably the most unique of the bunch.

     In the bottle this polish is a bronzed copper foil/metallic that has pink, gold and green glitter. The green glitter is small, but is much more noticeable against the copper background. It's hard to be unique in a sea of 'unique', but I think this polish does pretty well in bringing something new to the table.

     This polish goes on smoothly and  dries very quickly if you use thinner coats. The formula is not thick or chunky and it's easy to work with. I had no issues with balding or streaking, but these types of polishes don't usually have those kind of problems. Removal was a breeze.

Swatches:

(sunlight)

(flash)

     Overall, this is a great polish. Nowadays, it's so hard to find a polish that hasn't already been done a million times before, but this one is pretty special. It's the most unique shade of the collection, in my opinion, and my favorite from the collection. This is available on the butter LONDON website, ulta, macy's and various other department stores for $14 a pop.


If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment