Friday, October 26, 2012

butter LONDON - Two Fingered Salute (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, I have a butterLONDON swatch for you today. I have the color in Two Fingered Salute, which is a Nordstrom exclusive in the US. I scooped up the last bottle in my local store, but I'm sure they'll restock as it seems to be a pretty popular color. I know that this isn't the only exclusive at Nordstrom, but I couldn't find the other colors in store and I'm not a fan of buying cosmetics blind. Internet swatches are notoriously disappointing for nail polish.

     This color is reminiscent of burnished gold with the light green/teal base that was mostly opaque and with copper/gold flecks suspended in the mix. It's not quite a glitter, but it's also not quite a flakie or a foil either. It's a nice balance between all three finishes and I really liked the way it looked even though this is probably not the best color for my skin-tone.

     The formula of this polish is on par with most other good butterLONDON polishes. It's a bit thin but it goes on even without much effort. It will need at least two coats to be opaque as the first coat will be rather sheer. If you use two thin coats, you might even need a third coat to completely cover the nail line. The dry time is average, but the color might suffer from some balding if you don't wait enough time between coats. It dries to a smooth finish (no gritty feeling) but will definitely benefit from a top coat.

Swatches:

(natural light)

(flash)

    Overall, this is a nice polish from a nice luxury brand. The price on this is a bit steep at $14 a pop, but if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, this is not a bad place to drop it.


If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment