Friday, October 26, 2012

Nail Art - Skyfall


     Hey guys, I have some James Bond inspired nails for you today. With the release of Skyfall coming up - and more importantly for your and me, the launch of OPI's collection to tie in with the movie - I thought I'd do a little tribute to our quintessential secret agent. I don't know if I want the entire collection as some of the polishes are really not my cup of tea, Moonraker I'm looking straight at you, so we'll so how weak I feel in the next few weeks.

     Earlier this year, I fell for it with the Hunger Games collection from China Glaze, but I'd like to think I've learned from that experience. I'm probably never going to wear most of that collection, but I don't regret buying them and I know I can incorporate any and all of those polishes into some sort of nail design in the future. It's a little ironic that I cared so much about that collection since I didn't even know about the books prior to the announcement of the movie. And also, the only reason I knew of Jennifer Lawerence was because she played Mystique in X-men: First Class.

    Anywho.

    I used the OPI polish in Skyfall for the base color since I thought it fitting for the new movie. For the gradient effect at the nail tips, I used a regular makeup sponge and dabbed on the color Goldeneye, probably my favorite color from the collection despite the fact that there are probably a million and a half great gold polishes of every tone and texture in the world. For the 007 logo, I used a regular white acrylic paint that you can get at any craft store. Seal it all up with a top coat and voila - a nice little bit of class to bring to the movies if you want to jazz up your viewing experience.

I've also recorded a tutorial for this nail design. If you'd like to see it, click here.

(natural light)

(natural light)


(flash)


Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment