Monday, November 19, 2012

butter LONDON - Fairy Cake (swatches and review)

     Hey guys, I have polish swatch for you guys today. It's yet another polish from the butter LONDON Holiday 2012 Collection : Fairy Cake. I am horribly prone to weakness with this is the kind of polish because it may be a glittery mess of doom, but it's a holographic glittery mess of doom. I held off from picking it up for about as long as I held off of eating cheesecake (which is to say, pretty much no time at all). OH WELL. You can't win them all, I guess.

     This polish is, as stated before, a holographic glittery mess of doom. It's not necessarily a messy polish, per se, but it's the type of kind-of-small-but-not-really holographic glitter that you've seen before in various sizes and shapes. It's pretty in the bottle and pretty average on the nails. It'd be a nice layer polish over another color, though you do need a soft hand and a light layer as the glitter is packed in pretty tightly. You could also do a gradient effect if you'd like, which I always thought looked much better than a full on bedazzle nail.

     The formula is a bit thick but does go on quite pretty evenly for a glitter. It dries down to that same matte that Fiddlesticks and Scallywag does, which to me is not a good thing. The texture is rough and gritty. With glitter pieces as big as this polish has, I feel that if you were to not use a top coat because you liked the finish, you would problems with the glittering rub off at random. I don't have pictures of it, but I had huge chucks of polish just fall right off at the smallest bump (and this was after the polish had dried completely).

Swatches:

(sunlight)

(flash)

     Overall, this is the most boring polish of the bunch. At $14 a pop, it's probably not worth your money. You can find cheaper versions of this polish all over, and there will probably be something just like this in your local drugstore for a fraction of the price. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice polish with a formula to match, but I don't think it's unique enough to garner the price tag.

If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment