Thursday, November 22, 2012

butter LONDON - Scallywag (swatches and review)


     Hey guys, I have another nail polish swatch for you today. I will be swatching Scallywag. This is another polish from butter LONDON's - Winter 2012 Collection. This polish is an amazing mess in the bottle. It's a glitter bomb of epic proportions. When I saw this in the store, it practically blinded me in it's glittery messiness. At the very least, it's really pretty to look at.

     This is a clear based polish with multiple shades of light blue and silver glitter. At least, it looks like a clear base. As stated before, it's packed with glitter so the only thing noticeable are the glitters. Photos don't really do this polish justice when it comes to the sheer amount of hurt-your-eyes shine and it's probably not a good idea to wear this in bright sunlight if you're planning to drive. You might just dazzle yourself into a car accident (no, I'm serious. The light reflective properties are pretty awesome).

     The formula on this polish is similar to that of Fiddlesticks in that the polish is a clear base that is packed to the brim with glitter. Unfortunately, this also means that the polish is pretty similar in the application as it's magenta counterpart and was hard to work with because it's drying time was so fast. I know we all love our fast drying polish, but I don't think that fast drying to the point of difficult application is the way to go. Although mistakes are easy to cover, it was still a bit frustrating trying to put this polish on. I was skeptical about the coverage at first. Most glitters are notorious for being quite sheer, but this one is opaque in two coats.

Swatches:

(natural light)

(flash)

(flash)

     Overall, this polish is mostly not worth the $14 price of admission. It's glitzy and it's glamorous, and is pretty in the bottle, but I don't really think it transfers all that well onto the nails. It's hard to work with going and coming off. If you don't care about the application issues and just care about the glam factor, then you may want to check it out. Otherwise, skip it.

If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment