Friday, November 16, 2012

butter London - Fiddlesticks (swatches and review)


     Hey guys, I have a nail polish swatch for you guys today. This is a butter LONDON polish from the Winter 2012 Collection - Fiddlesticks. From the looks of some spring releases, I think this matte grit thing may be what companies are trying to push as the next trend for the year. I, for one, don't like it. I don't hate it as much as I hate crackle nail polish, but it's certainly not something I enjoy.

     This polish is a magenta toned base with tightly packed with a variety of pink and silver microglitter. It dries to an odd semi-matte finish that has a very gritty texture. The finish is reminiscent of OPI's Pepe's Purple Passion from last year's Muppet Collection.

     The formula on this polish is very odd. It wasn't thick in the sense that the polish itself was thick, but it dried so fast that before you can even brush the color on your nails, the formula has already went from thin and runny to thick and goopy. By the second swipe, the polish was pretty much dried both on my nails and on the brush. Also, the removal was a train wreck. Glitter gets everywhere, under your nails, on your skin. Not a very pleasant experience.

Swatches:

(no top coat)

(top coat)

     Overall, this polish is not quite up to the butter London standard in my opinion. I'm not fond of this kind of semi-matte gritty finish, but this polish isn't great in the application or staying power either. Is it worth your hard earned $14? I'm inclined to say no. Save your money and skip this particular polish.

If you have any polishes you'd like to see swatched from my stash, let me know and I'll put it in my queue.

Thanks for reading!


-seal

No comments:

Post a Comment